The idea of leadership and the word “leader” has been used in political and business scholarship to denote both those in formal power positions (i.e., king, head of state, president, CEO), as well as those entrusted with the leadership of organizations, communities, and societies (i.e., boards of governors, citizen leaders, managers). In modern business organizations, a distinction can also be made between those in formal power, who are leaders in title, and those employees and managers at all levels who share and practice the behaviors of leadership.
Kouzes and Posner describe the five practices of exemplary leadership that research suggests can be learned:
- Model the Way
- Inspire a Shared Vision
- Challenge the Process
- Enable Others to Act
- Encourage the Heart
Research a current event that demonstrates one or more of the above. You can use the Internet, electronic news agencies, or journals to research a current event that should be less than three (3) years old. In your post, include the following:
● A summary of the event (at least one  paragraph).
● Describe which leadership practice this encompassed.
● A description of the applied leadership practice in the article.
With regard to your experience:
● A summary of how this could apply to your current work situation.
● The reference of the article in correct APA 7th edition format.