Prior to beginning work on this discussion, Review Chapter 4: Social and Cultural Environments, Chapter 5: The Political, Legal, and Regulatory Environments, Chapter 6: Global Information Systems and Market Research and browse through all three categories in Procter & Gamble’s Brands (Links to an external site.) web page.
Part 1: Surviving Global Environments
Assume you are the global marketing VP of Coca-Cola or Pepsi-Cola, two highly successful global brands. Select one of the two companies and a country to operate in. The following videos will help you to gain some insight on the companies. You will be referring to your required readings to answer the discussion questions listed below.
Coca-Cola PepsiCo Davos 2011 – Muhtar Kent, CEO, Coca-Cola (Links to an external site.)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWzq_BJQfHM SuccessStory: PepsiCo (Links to an external site.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsloNjOI-j0
Address the following questions and support your answers using theories discussed in Chapter 4 and Chapter 5 of your text. Explain the country’s society and their culture. What are the differences and similarities of their culture to the culture of the United States?
- Determine what social, cultural, political or legal/regulatory characteristics you would need to take advantage of to avoid unneeded and costly adaptations of the marketing mix. Using examples, what theories in Chapter 4 support your conclusions?
- Create a short SWOT analysis and list three key points in each area of your SWOT that you believe are most important to understand and recognize for successfully sustaining your brand and business in that country. Focus primarily on global environment criteria related to your company (i.e., economic, trade, social and cultural, political, legal, and regulatory environments).
Part 2: Defining the Market Research Process
Although we may be very familiar with Procter & Gamble’s (P&G) many brands, there are still some opportunities for P&G to expand throughout the world where their brands are not yet well known.
- Select one P&G brand that would potentially face a latent market in a certain country, region, or local area around the globe.
- Discuss your rationale for choosing the brand and how it falls under this category.
- Choose three analytical techniques employed by global marketers (Chap 6).
- Summarize each of the techniques and why you think these are the most beneficial to the global market.
Your initial discussion post should be 260 words. Do not forget to cite your textbook (book is cited below and some pages are attached) and any other sources used to support your ideas. APA format.
Keegan, W. J., & Green, M. C. (2020). Global marketing (10th ed.). Retrieved from https://www.vitalsource.com