In this module we are furthering our understanding of how perspectives around languages, language instruction.
For this module I would like you to complete the following:
1) Read chapter two in the text by García, Johnson, & Seltzer,
2) listen to the short powerpoint presentation,
3) watch and listen to the video Translanguaging in 15 minutes,
4) watch the trailer for Spiderman (starting at minute 2:46) and think about the aspects of the main character’s linguistic repertoire that you can identify,
5) then read and comment on the article by Baker-Bell .
This article is assigned in Persuall. Pease do the following:
Read the entire article and while you are reading, make comments or notes regarding information you find to be really important or that is difficult to comprehend.
I would also like you to take note of any critical encounters with text (DeNicolo, 2004). Critical encounters occur when a reader identifies a passage, quote, or event in a text that changes previously held beliefs about a subject
, you will receive a score from Perusall on a scale from 0-3:
3 = demonstrates exceptionally thoughtful and thorough reading of the entire assignment
2 = demonstrates thoughtful and thorough reading of the entire assignment
1 = demonstrates superficial reading of the entire assignment OR thoughtful reading of only part of the assignment
0 = demonstrates superficial reading of only part of the assignment
note : reflect and highlight the Baker-Bell files like in the example in the attachments ex1 and ex2