In the remainder of the course ahead, you will select a topic of personal interest to you, define a controversy within that topic, and examine that controversy at length. The final result will be a 1500 – 2000 word (approx. 5 – 7 page) persuasive research paper that argues convincingly for one side of that controversy.
You must utilize at least 3 sources that will help you convey your argument. These sources must be incorporated correctly, used appropriately, and cited thoroughly using MLA standards. Sources should represent both the side that agrees with your thesis and sides that disagree. Your final draft will need to incorporate at least one chart, table, or graph, as well as at least one pictorial component (photo, drawing, etc). These materials must be cited as well.
Before writing this paper, you must submit the Research Proposal and Bibliography assignment. This will help you plan your paper and execute it in parts so that the last steps feel more like assembly than writing a huge paper in one or two days.
- 1500 – 2000 words
- At least 3 scholarly sources
- at least 1 of your sources must be in opposition to your thesis
- Links to an external site.popular sources are optional and can be used in addition to the required scholarly sources
- Links to an external site. 1 chart, table, or graph
- 1 pictorial component
- typed double-spaced
- font size no larger than 12 points
- 1-inch margins
Achtung, baby! (<– This means take heed.):