- Run the t-Test: Two-Sample Assuming Unequal Variances for the Data File Golf (Chapter 10) using the video How to Add Excel’s Data Analysis ToolPak (Links to an external site.) for assistance.
In a managerial report, use the methods of hypothesis testing to
- Provide descriptive statistical summaries of the data for each model, written in complete sentences.
- Formulate and present the rationale for a hypothesis test that Par could use to compare the driving distances of the current and new golf balls. Clearly state the null and alternative hypothesis.
- Analyze the data to provide the hypothesis testing conclusion. What is the p-value for your test? What is your recommendation for Par, Inc.?
- Discuss whether you see a need for larger sample sizes and more testing with the golf balls.
Based on your hypothesis testing conclusion, what are your recommendations for Par, Inc? Support your recommendations with findings from your managerial report.