Write: “AGAINST” THE DIAGNOSIS OF PEDIATRIC BIPOLAR: see file.
Some debate in the literature exists specific to whether or not bipolar disorder can be diagnosed in childhood. While some have anecdotally argued that it is not possible for children to develop bipolar disorder (as normal features of childhood confound the diagnosis), other sources argue that pediatric bipolar disorder is a fact.
In this Discussion, you engage in a debate as to whether pediatric bipolar disorder is possible to diagnose.
· Evaluate diagnosis of pediatric bipolar depression disorder
· Analyze consequences to diagnosing/failing to diagnose pediatric bipolar depression disorder
To Prepare for the Discussion:
· The instructor will assign you a position for or against the issue of diagnosing pediatric bipolar depression disorder.
· Review the Learning Resources concerning the controversy over the diagnosis of pediatric bipolar depression disorder.
Write: “AGAINST” THE DIAGNOSIS OF PEDIATRIC BIPOLAR:
· Write “for” or “against” in the subject line of your Discussion post.
· Based on the position you were assigned, justify whether or not pediatric bipolar depression disorder should be diagnosed.
Support your position with evidence and examples.
Describe the effect of extremely low birth weight babies on the family and community. Consider short-term and long-term impacts, socioeconomic implications, the need for ongoing care, and comorbidities associated with prematurity. Explain how disparities relative to ethnic and cultural groups may contribute to low birth weight babies. Identify one support service within your community to assist with preterm infants and their families and explain how the service adequately addresses the needs of the community, or a population in your community. Provide the link to the resource in your post.