Assess the conditions which would support the change of foundational business practices.
Redman (2019) states that the world is changing quickly, change is hard, and many change efforts fail. A leader must have a good plan in place to navigate through these changes to stay successful. Now you will apply that knowledge to a company scenario, building an implementation plan into the process so it is actionable. Select one business from the current winners of the Malcolm Baldrige Award Recipients. Assume that you are the new CEO of this business who has goals of expanding your business. Depending on your choice, you can select one or more from the following list:
- Expand nationally or internationally
- Change your business offering(s) or target customers
- Merger or acquisition
- Another goal of your choice
For this 6- to 8-page APA-compliant paper (not including title and reference pages) respond to the following:
Section 1 – Overview and Goal Description
- Select the company that you will use for this paper. Provide an explanation and rationale for your choice. As there are many categories in the Baldrige site, you may want to explore an industry you know well or look to expand your knowledge by selecting an industry you are unfamiliar with.
- Describe the vision, mission, and values as individual components in the current state of the company. Explain the systems relationship of these elements, and how they are related to helping the company achieve success.
- Provide any additional background information (i.e., financials, primary products and services, etc.) to ensure the funding agency has an overview of the organization.
- Identify the growth goal(s), you as the new CEO, would like to achieve including a rationale for this choice(s).
Section 2 – Mission
- Present research supporting the advantages and disadvantages of changing a company mission statement. Support your content with at least two readings/videos from the module readings, as well as two other sources that do not need to be scholarly.
- Identify what impact changing a mission statement could have on other company business processes. This should include descriptions for all stakeholders. Support your content with at least two readings/videos from this module, and at least two other sources you uncover in your research (see note below for use of sources). You may also include any personal examples you have to share, if applicable.
- Conduct research on at least two companies that have changed their missions statement, and:
- Identify the differences between the original mission statement and the revised version. Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages were to changing the mission.
- Review the revised mission statement, and discuss if it met the standards set by Burkus.
- Given the research you have conducted as the new CEO of your company, will you be changing the mission statement? If you will be changing the mission, what process will you be using?
Section 3- Values
- Values-Based Leadership. In this section you will be covering the items listed below. Support your content with at least two readings/videos from this module and at least two other sources you uncover in your research (see note below for use of sources). You may also include any personal examples you have to share, if applicable.
- Describe the importance of values-based leadership.
- Discuss how the values can be integral to a company’s profitability and success.
- Identify best practices for cascading company values throughout the organization.
- Discuss the process you completed to create a personal values profile. List the values.
- Based on your research, describe the process you will use to complete the following. You may use both descriptive and graphic representation tools (i.e., flow chart) to present this process.
- Determine how completely the current values are embedded throughout the organization.
- Gain stakeholder input into how your values can be incorporated into the current values.
- Measure the success of this new values profile on business success.
NOTE: If your research efforts produce scholarly sources that support the research required to complete multiple items, then you will only need to use two sources plus the required readings.