This discussion is based on a story of an 18-month old named Josie King that lost her life because of a medical error. Josie’s mother used the settlement money to create the Josie King Foundation to help reduce the mortality rate by encouraging hospitals to adopt patient-safety programs.
- Read the following safety techniques for patients:
- Complete the Patient Safety – Quality Improvement activity that will give you some insight into the problem.
- Read each of the six (6) modules lessons.
- Take the qui z for each.
- Watch the Josie King Story video.
- Write your feelings about Josie and the culture of hiding mistakes and the approximately 98,000 persons that die each year in America because of medical errors.
- Answer the questions as thoroughly and concisely as possible.
- Be sure to reference any works that you utilize in answering the questions (Be sure that references are in APA format).
Use all links provided to complete the assignment.